Samaritan welcomes the next generation of volunteers. Students in the seventh grade and older can volunteer in the Soup Kitchen with an adult.
The minimum age for shelter volunteers is 17, with an adult.
- Make 200 to 450 trail mix bags for Soup Kitchen guests.
- Make 100 servings of a dessert or prepare 100 bags of trail mix for men in the shelter and receive five hours of community service credit.
- Collect items on our monthly Wish List.
- Organize a food drive with your club, Scout Troop or church group.
- Invite someone from Samaritan to speak to your civics classes about hunger and homelessness.
Students K to Eighth Grade
- Design and decorate 300 holiday placemats for the Soup Kitchen
- Create decorative centerpieces for Soup Kitchen dining tables.
- See additional opportunities under Penny Campaign.
High School Students
- Perform a special clean-up project in the building or on the grounds.
- Volunteer overnight at the Shelter in teams of four students (at least 17 years old) and two adults.
- Have classes within your school compete to raise the most money.
- See additional opportunities to support Samaritan with the Penny Campaign.
For more information about these or other opportunities, contact the Volunteer Administrator at 336-748-1962 ext. 303 or email@example.com