Samaritan has operated within budget since its opening. The ministry has worked to diversify its sources of revenue. We receive money from individuals, churches, community organizations, corporations, special event fundraisers and the government.
|Individuals and major gifts||$600,000||37%|
|Corporations and Foundations||$108,000||7%|
• Served a total of 131,610 meals. Food and preparation cost per meal is $3.09.
• 1,140 volunteers invested 15,880 hours of service to our Soup Kitchen operations, equivalent to eight full-time employees.
• Continual operation through COVID-19 with to-go style meals.
• Provided 13,285 nights of shelter to 383 different homeless men. One night of shelter, including breakfast and dinner, costs $56.655
• 399 volunteers invested 9,036 hours of service to our dinner service and shelter operations, equivalent to five full-time employees.
• Continual operation through COVID-19 with reduced capacity for physical distancing, day shelter opportunities and daily guest, volunteer and staff screening. Costs have increased due to the hiring of new temporary staff during COVID-19.
Use of Funds
For every dollar donated, 86.5 cents goes directly to guest services. Samaritan has a staff of 14 full-time and 15 part-time employees.
Click here to review the most recent 990 form. Our tax-ID number is 56-1490019.
Click here to review the most recent Audit. The Samaritan Ministries audit oversight committee works directly with auditor to ensure maximum accountability and transparency.