Samaritan has operated within budget since its opening. The ministry has worked to diversify its sources of revenue. We receive money from individuals, churches, community organizations, corporations, special event fundraisers and the government.
|Individuals and major gifts||$700,000||44%|
|Corporations and Foundations||$110,000||7%|
|COVID Grant Funding||$102,714||6%|
- Served a total of 101,216 meals. Food and preparation cost per meal is $4.03.
- 769 volunteers invested 11,874 hours of service to our Soup Kitchen operations.
- Provided 13,444 nights of shelter to 300 different homeless men. One night of shelter costs $66.70.
- 190 volunteers invested 2,132 hours of service to our dinner service and shelter operations.
COVID-19 Response: Soup Kitchen & Samaritan Inn
- Soup Kitchen continual operation through COVID-19 with to-go style meals.
- Samaritan Inn continual operation through COVID-19 with reduced capacity to allow physical distancing, day shelter opportunities and daily guest, volunteer and staff screening.
- Additional expenses of $229,705 due to hiring additional temporary staff to allow for uninterrupted services, as well as other COVID related expenses.
Use of Funds
For every dollar donated, 86.5 cents goes directly to guest services. Samaritan has a staff of 14 full-time and 16 part-time employees.
Click here to review our 2021 Annual Report.
Click here to review the most recent 990 form. Our tax-ID number is 56-1490019.
Click here to review the most recent Audit. The Samaritan Ministries audit oversight committee works directly with auditor to ensure maximum accountability and transparency.