Samaritan has operated within budget since its opening. The ministry has worked to diversify its sources of revenue. We receive money from individuals, churches, community organizations, corporations, special event fundraisers and the government.
|Individuals and major gifts||$606,470||45%|
|Corporations and foundations||$125,000||9%|
• Served a total of 139,039 meals, including 87,132 lunches.
• Food and preparation cost per meal is $2.81.
• 2,006 Soup Kitchen volunteers invested 36,010 hours of service, which is equivalent to
17 full-time staff.
• Provided 26,133 nights of shelter to 762 different homeless men.
• One night of shelter, including breakfast and dinner, costs $27.74.
• 1,060 shelter volunteers invested over 33,788 hours of service, which is equivalent to 16
Use of Funds
For every dollar donated, 86 cents goes directly to guest services. Samaritan has a staff of 14 full-time and 9 part-time employees.
Click here to review the most recent 990 form. Our tax-ID number is 56-1490019.
Click here to review the most recent Audit. The Samaritan Ministries audit oversight committee works directly with auditor to ensure maximum accountability and transparency.