The Executive Director of Samaritan Ministries serves as Chief Executive Officer overseeing all aspects of the organization. As such, he/she is responsible for the day to day operation of Samaritan, with responsibilities that include fiscal, programming, administration, development, public relations, and all other related areas pertinent in any way to the operation, reputation and integrity of the organization.
The Executive Director must be a professing Christian and feel called to uphold and strengthen the Christian purpose and mission of Samaritan Ministries. This position reports directly to the Board of Trustees of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and maintain a strategic plan for Samaritan Ministries.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors to adopt specific short-range and long-range goals in accordance with the vision and mission to include for operations and programs, volunteer management, and property/facilities.
- Ensure all plans of Samaritan Ministries support and align with the approved strategic plan and align with ministry goals.
- Assist the President to the Board in setting the agenda for Board meetings.
- Work with the Board to develop and adopt annual budgets and annual development plans.
- Actively guide staff in the achievement of approved plans.
- Approve budgeting expenditures.
- Evaluate progress to plans and inform Board of status on a regular basis.
Development and Public Relations:
- Develop support for Samaritan Ministries from diverse groups of people, including all ethnic and socio-economic groups, for profit and nonprofit businesses and agencies in the government and private sectors.
- Speak on a regular basis to deliver Samaritan Ministries’ message in the community.
- Foster and maintain a professional, cooperative relationship with churches, civic groups, government leaders, agencies and other nonprofit businesses.
- Actively solicit contributions from potential donors.
Program and Staff Management:
- Recruit, hire, train, support and supervise all direct reporting staff.
- Recruit and support all indirect reports.
- Foster a supportive and accountable environment for all staff.
- Ensure all staff understand and support the volunteer, development and operational plans of Samaritan Ministries.
- Work with the personnel committee of the Board to establish personnel policies and job descriptions for the staff of Samaritan Ministries.
- Implement approved personnel policies.
- Ensure annual performance reviews are conducted on all employees.
- Recognize the needs and understand the dynamics of the homeless population in our community.
- Understand and help develop the resources required to meet these needs.
Qualities and Qualifications
Must possess a bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred. At least five years’ management experience in non-profit, human services and/or similar organization.
He/she must demonstrate the necessary leadership, knowledge, skills and abilities to maintain agency operations to include financial budgets, program development, facility operations, fund raising, investments, and all other program areas.
Samaritan Ministries has retained Capital Development Services to assist with professional recruitment. Nominations, expressions of interest, and applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com or online by clicking here.
Candidates should include a cover letter, a resume, and a list of three references. All material will be confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to Jen Tozier at Capital Development Services, 336-747-0133 x 208.
Click here for volunteer opportunities.