Samaritan has operated within budget since its opening. The ministry has worked to diversify its sources of revenue. We receive money from individuals, churches, community organizations, corporations, special event fundraisers and the government.
|Individuals and major gifts||$570,000||48%|
|Corporations and foundations||$85,000||7%|
• Served a total of 154,566 meals, including 103,122 lunches.
• Food and preparation cost per meal is $1.99.
• Over 345 Soup Kitchen team members invested over 32,850 hours of service, which is equivalent to
16 full-time staff.
• Provided 25,722 nights of shelter to 687 different homeless men.
• One night of shelter, including breakfast and dinner, costs $24.51.
• Over 2,604 shelter volunteers invested over 35,154 hours of service, which is equivalent to 18
Use of Funds
For every dollar donated, 85 cents goes directly to guest services. Samaritan has a staff of 13 full-time and 7 part-time employees.
Source: Fiscal 2016 audit
We are proud to be a gold-level Guidestar participant, demonstrating our commitment to transparency.
Click here to view our Guidestar profile.