Ideas for Students
Ideas for elementary school students
- Decorate containers for each classroom or homeroom to collect coins.
- Work as a team to see which grade can collect the most coins.
- Hold a contest where students guess how many coins they’ve collected.
- Hold a competition for the most creative penny container.
- Offer a pizza party to classes that raise the most money.
Ideas for middle and high school students
- Ask service clubs to promote the Penny Campaign
- Promote the Penny Campaign at athletic events, pep rallies or other events.
- Invite someone from Samaritan to speak to your civics class about hunger and homelessness.
- Work with your business partners to collect change for a combined gift.
- Have classes compete within the school to raise the most money.
- Take up a collection at a high school football game.